I took this picture at the zoo sometime back in the summer of 2017. I wonder what the poor animal was thinking about as he looked out through the bars of his cage.
- Is this all that there is for me? Am I just here for this stupid humans enjoyment?
- Oh god just please shoot me!
- Get a little closer and I will bite your fucking face off
- Give me a banana or a cake with a hacksaw in it.
- Can I come home with you?
Well I’m not sure what he was thinking that day but I do know this, I look just like him when I go to work in the morning. I look like this when I drive the countless hours across the state of Kansas. I look like this when I realize that I’m in a cage too.